Season 2 of the podcast continues with a conversation all about the Enneagram. Katie and Lee discuss how this tool has helped them understand themselves, each other, and their loved ones better. They offer some warning labels when it comes to personality typing, as well as insights about the strengths and weaknesses of various temperaments.
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #14 on your favorite podcast app.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.All people have a function and a role in the Kingdom of God. @leenienhuis #marthamaryshow #Enneagram Click To Tweet
Show Notes for Episode #14: Enneagram Explosion
Theme music: “The Feast” from Katie Reid’s “Echoes of My Heart” album. https://www.katiemreid.com/singer/
Things We Talk About:
- The Birth Order Book: Why You Are the Way You Are by Dr. Kevin Lehman
- Myers Briggs
- DiSC Profile
- Gary Smalley and John Trent (Lion, Otter, Golden Retriever, Beaver)
- Your Enneagram Coach: Beth McCord on Instagram
- Made Like Martha book
- Suzanne Stabile
- Toren Wells song, “Known”
- Sleeping at Last (Enneagram Songs)
- Don’t put people in boxes.
- Stop using weapon language, like “you always” and/or “you never.”
- Don’t use your Enneagram number as an excuse to stay stuck or to sin.
Today’s Verse: Philippians 2:3
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves”.
Featured Resource: Daughter song (written by Katie Reid and Niki Homan), available on Amazon, iTunes, CD Baby, and Spotify.
Today’s Sponsor: Big thanks to Baker Publishing Group and authors, Amy Carroll and Cheri Gregory, for sponsoring this episode. Be sure to pick up a copy (or ten) of Exhale: Lose Who You’re Not, Love Who You Are, Live Your One Life Well.
I had the honor of endorsing this wonderful book::
Carroll and Gregory pour out hard-won wisdom like a balm for dependable women. Through candid stories, pivotal observations, and ah-ha moments, Exhale delivers clarity and assurance. Breathe deeply of God’s love and walk confidently, with purpose, as you interact with this gold-mine of goodness.”
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show Group on Facebook: Made Like Martha Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary Show on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky