Today’s guest is my favorite human on the planet: my husband. Adam is preaching a series on mental health at our church and we’re sharing two parts of one of his messages on the podcast this week and next. If you need some hope for the struggles you or loved ones are facing, listen in!
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used below. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Listen to the latest episode below, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #166 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode 166 with Pastor Adam Reid
Pastor Adam Reid discusses the hope God offers in the middle of sin, suffering, and identity struggles.
Today’s Guest: Adam Reid is the lead pastor at Central Church. He has a heart for others to know Biblical Jesus and live “all in” for Him. His ministry verse is Psalm 78:4, “We will not keep silent, we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power and the wonders He has done. Adam has been married to Katie (that’s me!) for almost 22 years and they have 5 great kids. Adam enjoys winter, hunting deer, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and cheering on Manchester United.
Things Pastor Adam talks about in his sermon:
- Sin struggles
- Suffering struggles
- Identity struggles
- Galatians 6:7-8
- Unexpected Revival Bible Study
- Hebrews 12:5-11
- John 9:1-12
- 2 Corinthians 12:1-10
- God is a good, forgiving, and loving Father.
- God’s consequences can be ways He helps us grow and learn from our sinful choices. It can grow our resilience and dependence on Him in the process.
- Our identity is in Christ alone. God created us. He has the only right to give us an identity, to tell us who we are. But when we find our identity or our worth in things other than God, this can cause struggles and problems.
God does not simply punish for punishment’s sake. No matter how deserving the punishment might be. God’s punishes for redemption’s sake, so both those that witness and experience the punishment might turn in repentance and return to God.” -Erica Wiggenhorn, Unexpected Revival
Some suffering and some struggles are allowed in God's Sovereignty, simply for God's power, grace, love, and glory to be displayed to us and in. -Pastor Adam Reid #marthamaryshow #faith #suffering #hope Click To Tweet
Want to see your product featured on The Martha + Mary Show? We have a limited number of ads spots available. Reach out via the contact form for more details and pricing options.
Check out all the products featured on the podcast to find a new favorite!
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- Podcast Group on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Subscribe to the show and leave a rating and review.