What was your favorite recipe mentioned on last week’s podcast episode? Let me guess, it was NOT chicken tonnato!
This week, Lee and I are talking all about manners from our different lenses. In a day and age where manners seem to have left the building, we discuss why they are important and which ones we struggle with and which ones we value. We’d love to hear what particular manners are important to you. Tag us @leenienhuis and @katie_m_reid and add #marthamaryshow so we can connect and hear your opinion.
If you are interested in partnering with the podcast as a show sponsor, contact Katie for info. We have a limited number of slots available.
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #26 on your favorite podcast app.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.What manners are most important to you? Which are outdated? #marthamaryshow #manners Click To Tweet
Show Notes for Episode #26: All About Manners
Lee is from the south and Katie is from the north and—surprise, surprise—they have different approaches when it comes to manners. Find out what manners are non-negotiable in their eyes and what manners they let slide in this informative and light-hearted conversation.
Theme Music: “Sunny Martha” by Cade Popkin*
Show Sponsor: Big thanks to Brave Moms, Brave Kids: A Battle Plan for Raising Heroes by Lee Nienhuis for sponsoring the show.
Things We Talk About:
- Our upbringing with manners
- Cotillion classes
- Which manners matter to us
- Which manners we let slide
- Which manners we want to improve on
Today’s Verse: Romans 12:10
When the boats go out to sea, I push my spoon away from me. -Granny Grove #marthamaryshow Click To Tweet
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.”
Manners that matter to us:
- Open the doors for people
- Take your hat off when you pray
- Say please and thank you
- Look people in the eye
- Learn how to set a place setting
- Give up your seat for others
- Don’t take the best for yourself
- Be aware of the people around you
*Cade Popkin created this custom song for our show. If you are interested in his services, access his info, here.
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage.
- The Podcast Page on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!
Listen to Season 3 of the Podcast:
#24: Getting Organized (Interview with Morgan Tyree)
Learn more about our sponsors and access past episodes, here.