Welcome to Season 3 of The Martha + Mary Show! We hope you had a wonderful holiday break. We’re excited to be back with new theme music, a special guest, and an important topic at the start of the new year.
If you are interested in partnering with the podcast as a show sponsor, contact Katie for info. We have a limited number of slots available.
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #24 on your favorite podcast app.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
We’re so grateful for reviews. Would you take a moment to leave one? Thank you!
Here’s a 5-star review from Tabitha:
Great practical podcast. Appeals to Marys and Marthas of any age and life stage! Love the great practical truths this podcast delivers in each episode. Truly a great way to glean from the “being” of Mary and the “doing” of Martha for the perfect portion of ABIDING IN CHRIST while GETTING THINGS DONE! Love Katie and Lee and their hearts for women wired just like them and completely different, too!”
Show Notes for Episode #24: Getting Organized
Getting organized is a great way to start the new year. Morgan Tyree, author of Take Back Your Time, provides practical ideas to decrease stress and increase productivity.
Theme Music: “Sunny Martha” by Cade Popkin*
Show Sponsor: Made Like Martha: Good Things for the Woman Who Gets Things Done by Katie M. Reid is the sponsor for today’s show.
Today’s Guest: Morgan Tyree knows what it’s like to have to manage your time well. She earned her BS degree in business administration with an emphasis in small business and entrepreneurship from the University of Oregon, and has worked in the fields of marketing, management, and human resources. She blogs weekly at Morganize with Me and contributes monthly to the popular blog, Organizing Junkie. She and her husband, David, have three children and live in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Things We Talk About:
- One Word for the year
- Katie’s One Word reveal on IG
- Morganize with me
- Morgan Tyree
- Take Back Your Time: Identify Your Priorities, Decrease Stress, and Increase Productivity
- Enneagram 9
- Enneagram Explosion Episode #14
- Up Movie
Today’s Verse: Lamentations 3:22-23
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
Practical Tips to Help You Get Organized (from Morgan Tyree)
- Identify your stressors
- Evaluate your current organizational system to see if it’s working for you
- Evaluate your clutter capacity
- Identify your season of life (ages of kids, work schedule, optimal time, personal threshold)
- Stay in your own lane when it comes to your schedules and priorities (don’t compare)
- Do what you can do, right now
- Start small
- Keep in mind that things often take longer than you think they will
- Use a timer (built in boundary)
- Become an intentional shopper
- Remember that you get a fresh start tomorrow
*Cade Popkin created this custom song for our show. If you are interested in his services, you can contact him at: email@example.com
We are excited to be giving away two copies of Morgan’s book, Take Back Your Time.
To enter, leave a comment below telling us what your favorite tip was from the show.
U.S. residents only. Winners will be announced on the blog, next week, Wednesday. Giveaway is open from Jan. 8th-Jan. 13, 2020.Win a copy of the Take Back Your Time book by Morgan Tyree! @morganizewithme #marthamaryshow #giveaway Click To Tweet
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- The Martha + Mary Show Group on Facebook: Made Like Martha Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!What is your clutter capacity? @morganizewithme #marthamaryshow #declutter Click To Tweet
Listen to Season 2 of The Martha + Mary Show:
Episode 16: Mother + Daughter Relationships (Interview with Blythe Daniel + Dr. Helen McIntosh)
Episode 18: Intentional Parenting (Interview with Susan Seay)
Episode 21: When You’re Grieving (Interview with Robyn Dykstra)
Episode 23: Is Your Yes on the Table? (Interview with Jenn Hand)