Have you ever had something go really wrong in the kitchen? How about when you were grocery shopping? In this week’s episode of The Martha + Mary Show, Katie and Lee share some of their hilarious mishaps and formative experiences when it comes to meal planning.
If you are interested in partnering with the podcast as a show sponsor, contact Katie for info. We have a limited number of slots available.
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #25 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode #25: Meal-Planning
Whether you are a meal-planning ninja or a need a helping hand in this department, laugh along with us as we share our kitchen blunders, culinary wins, and some easy recipes.
Theme Music: “Sunny Martha” by Cade Popkin*
Show Sponsor: Big thanks to Real Victory Radio with Amy Elaine and LaTan.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Things We Talk About:
- The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook
- Chicken Tonnato
- Master Chef Jr.
- Rachael Ray’s Kids Cook-Off
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Abby’s Episode #11: Strategic Friendships
- Moms in Prayer
- Grace Adventures Men’s Retreat
- “Fancy” Tostadas: Aldi tostadas, refried beans, shredded cheese, sour cream, taco sauce, taco meat, shredded lettuce, tomato (Heat beans, cooked meat, cheese, and tostada for 30-45 seconds in microwave before adding other toppings).
- Abby’s Butter Chicken Salad: Cook chicken in Aldi’s Butter Simmer Sauce then put it on top of spinach lettuce, with raisins, shredded carrot, and coconut flakes (you could also serve the chicken over rice or with buttered naan).
- Katie’s Shepherd’s Pie: Cooked ground sausage, mashed potatoes (5 pounds of cooked potatoes, 1 stick of butter, 1 container of cream cheese, milk, Lawry’s seasoning salt—mix until smooth), green beans, shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Today’s Verse: Proverbs 31:27
She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.”
When meal-planning, keep these things in mind:
- If you have kids, let them in on the process of grocery shopping and cooking.
- Try to buy things seasonally. Be mindful of the the season—regarding food and your life.
- Take baby steps toward healthier choices.
- Do what works for you. Resist comparison and guilt.
*Cade Popkin created this custom song for our show. If you are interested in his services, access his info, here.
Giveaway! Congrats to K.B. and Virginia who won a copy of Take Back Your Time by Morgan Tyree.
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage.
- The Martha + Mary Show Group on Facebook: Made Like Martha Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!
Listen to Season 3 of the Podcast:
#24: Getting Organized (Interview with Morgan Tyree)