Pull up a chair as we dig in to a beautiful conversation about savoring God’s Word.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used below. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Listen to the latest episode below, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #174 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode 174 with Wendy Speake
Author, Wendy Speake, invites you to slow down and feast on God’s Word as you savor its goodness and live from fullness.
Today’s Guest: Wendy Speake is the author of The 40-Day Sugar Fast and The 40-Day Social Media Fast, as well as The 40-Day Fast Journal. Wendy hosts her online 40-Day Sugar Fast every January and her 40-Day Social Media Fast every Lent. She lives just outside of Dallas, Texas. Wendy’s latest book is The 40-Day Feast.
Theme Music: “Found” by Lisa Troyer and Dawn Yoder Venture3Media/Circle of Friends
Show Sponsor: Counter Cultural Parenting by Lee Nienhuis
Things We Talk About:
- 40-Day Sugar Fast
- 40-Day Social Media Fast
- Wendy on “Melrose Place“
- Ezekiel by the river
- Unexpected Revival by Erica Wiggenhorn
- Triggers book
- “When an Angry Woman Meets a Kind God”
- “When the Sweet Fix Makes You Sick”
- John 17:17
- Free resources
- Psalm 95:1-7
Before you read the Bible, pray this:
Dear Lord, Give me the eyes to see You, the ears to hear You, the mind to comprehend You, the heart to experience Your love, and the will to do what You say, to be a doer of the Word not just a hearer. Reveal to me wonderful things in Your Word that I do not yet know. Amen.
3 tips to help you feast on God’s Word:
- Before you eat, pray (see above for a sample prayer).
- Slow down as you read. Savor the Word.
- At the end of your time, ask the following questions.
Questions to ask after you read the Bible:
- What did I learn about God?
- What is God saying to me through this passage?
- How should I live differently in response to what I just read?
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- Podcast Group on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid @wendy_speake
- Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Subscribe to the show and leave a rating and review.