I am an outgoing introvert.
It is probably not original with me, but I use this term like it is.
The older I get the more I realize that this phrase is an accurate description of me and many others that I come in contact with. I feel like we are often a misunderstood bunch.
Are you an outgoing introvert? Read these 7 statements to find out…
1. I like people, I just can’t handle them in large doses or for long periods of time.
2. I enjoy being upfront (performing, speaking, singing) but am intimidated by small talk.
3. I prefer to have deep conversations with a few close friends rather than meet lots of new people at once.
4. I am friendly, lively and approachable but I can also be found hiding in order to recharge.
6. I like interacting with online friends, we can process our thoughts before speaking and can hang out while still being alone.
7. People often mistake me for being an extrovert because I am not shy, but being around people often wears me out.
I am not a psychologist or a scientist, or whatever it is you need to be to diagnose personalities, but I believe this outgoing introvert thing holds water.
Regardless of your personality, God fashioned you together in your mother’s womb.
You are one-of-a-kind wonderful.
Whether you are uptight or laid back, whether you are task-oriented or people-oriented, whether you are a leader or a follower…we need you. You have something to offer this world that is uniquely yours to give.
If you think you are an outgoing introvert, or know someone who is, I would love to hear about it! Share your thoughts with us in the comments.