This is one of my favorite conversations with Lee on the podcast so far, because it’s a topic that is near and dear to my heart but often not discussed. Are you a finisher? What does it look like to finish well?
If you are interested in sponsoring the show, contact Katie for more details. We take on a limited numbers of sponsors.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Listen to the latest episode below, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #108 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode 108: Being a Finisher
Lee and Katie talk about the importance of being a finisher and practical tips to help you finish well, no matter what task you face.
Today’s Sponsor: Made Like Martha: Good News for the Woman Who Gets Things Done by Katie M. Reid
Theme Music: “Busy Bee” by Cade Popkin
Things We Talk About:
- Kale’s Cross Country race
- “We’ve Only Just Begun” blog post
- The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
- Philippians 1:6
- Hebrews 12:2
- John 19:28-30
- Hope*Writers Writing Community
- Brave Moms, Brave Kids by Lee Nienhuis
- Countercultural Parenting by Lee Nienhuis
You will accomplish whatever you assign the most value to. -Lee Nienhuis
Tips to Help You Finish Well
- Define what success will look like ahead of time.
- Assign value to the task.
- Be realistic with what finishing well will look like.
- Have open communication with the key players involved in the task.
- Do it! Follow-through and get it done (enlist help if needed).
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- Podcast Group on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Show Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Subscribe to the show and leave a rating and review.
Catch Up on recent episodes of the podcast: