What is your relationship with the church? Today’s guest and I dig into the good, the hard, and how to move forward when you have been hurt.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used below. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Listen to the latest episode below, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #152 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode 152 with Natalie Runion
Natalie Runion of Raised to Stay talks about her love for the church, the reality of church hurt, and the importance of being a healthy leader.
Today’s Guest: Natalie Runion and her husband Tony and their two daughters live in Colorado Spring, CO, where she is on staff at New Life Church. In 2019 after watching many of her peers walk away from the church and their faith, Natalie began Raised to Stay, a ministry for those who have wandered, wondered and wrestled with the Church and the challenges of full-time ministry. Her heart is to see a generation of leaders finish their race as they partner with a good Father who is faithful to complete the work He began in each of us.
Theme Music: “Found” by Lisa Troyer and Dawn Yoder Venture3Media/Circle of Friends
Things We Talk About:
- Luke 10:38-42
- Raised to Stay: Pastor’s Kids
- Made Like Martha book
- Jesus’ interaction with the woman at the well
- Jesus’ response to woman caught in adultery
- Freedom! book by Jennifer Watson
- John 4:24
- Hebrews 10:25
- Raised to Stay: Church Expectations
- Raised to Stay: Accountability
Tips for Healthy Leaders:
- Seek out a godly mentor
- Remember that resting is not quitting
- Biblical counseling is a gift
- Be a part of a community
- Fall more in love with Jesus
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- Podcast Group on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid @raisedtostay
- Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Subscribe to the show and leave a rating and review.