Do you struggle with body image issues or taking in too much or too little food? Today’s podcast guest has such good news for us!
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used below. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Listen to the latest episode below, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #159 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode 159 with Laura Acuña
Laura Acuña, author of Still Becoming: Hope, Help and Healing for the Diet-Weary Soul, helps you move from shame to freedom regarding body image and eating habits.
Today’s Guest: Laura Acuña is a speaker, author of Still Becoming, Bible teacher, and coach. She’s served as a women’s ministry leader for over 22 years. A graduate of Liberty University, she earned a degree in Christian Counseling and a minor in Biblical Studies. She’s the co-founder of Sisters In Faith Ministries, a non-profit ministry to women in the Damascus, Maryland, area. Married to Pat, and mom of three sons, and one daughter-in-law. She became first-time grandmother in July 2021.
Theme Music: “Found” by Lisa Troyer and Dawn Yoder Venture3Media/Circle of Friends
Show Sponsor: Inspiration Doula: Schedule a coaching call with Katie to get the help you need to see your creative project through to the finish line!
Things We Talk About:
- Laura’s freedom journey
- John 12:1-11 Mary pours perfume on Jesus’ feet
- Matthew 9:20-22 The healing of the bleeding woman
- Luke 8:1-3 Mary Magdalene healed from seven demons
- Still Becoming book
- Psalm 16:5
- Psalm 16:8
- Still Becoming Podcast
- 6-week Discussion Guide for Still Becoming
Today’s Verse: Psalm 16:5
Our God is not a God of shame. Holy conviction—yes! But He doesn't push us down, He lifts us up. -Laura Acuna #stillbecoming #marthamaryshow #faith Click To Tweet
Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.”
Insights from Laura:
- Your body will tell you, if you will listen, what it needs today.
- Until we get to the root of why we do it we will just go from one thing to another.
You can be free without ever losing a pound and you can be free before you're done losing weight. -Laura Acuna #marthamaryshow #freedom #weightloss #healthyliving #faith Click To Tweet
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- Podcast Group on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid @lauraacuna56
- Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Subscribe to the show and leave a rating and review.