It’s Day #22 of the Grounded Series!
We hope you’re enjoying the journey as we explore faith and frustrations, and have fun in the process. Would you consider sharing this series with a mom, mentor, or tween that you love? We’d appreciate that!
Just a reminder that on Saturdays, Brooke and I will be doing a Facebook Live video on my author/speaker page for the “I Dare You” Challenge. This challenge is designed to grow your relationship with your tween by doing something silly or stretching together.
If you missed last week’s “I Dare You to Try It!” Challenge, you can watch the video here. The no bake cookies were delicious! 🙂
Sometimes tweens and their parents wound each other with words. Instead of criticizing, let’s compliment each other with life-giving words.
Today’s challenge is…
I Dare You to Say It!
- Get a bowl, a piece of paper, a pen or pencil, and each other.?
- Write 5 compliments or something you enjoy about each other on the paper (cut the paper into squares so you can fold them up).
- Place the paper in the bowl and mix it up.
- Take turns drawing a piece of paper from the bowl and reading it out loud. Try looking each other in the eye as you read what’s on the paper. Repeat until all ten compliments have been said.
- Discuss how you felt when you heard nice things being said about you. Was it embarrassing? Encouraging? Hard to receive?
The point of this challenge is to communicate love through kind words as you spend quality time together.
Have fun! We hope this dare brings a smile to your face! 🙂
You can watch our “I Dare You to Say It!” video here.
Stay Grounded in Love,
Katie and Brooke
You might also like: