We are so glad that you are enjoying The Martha + Mary Show. It is a joy to partner with others to encourage women, on a weekly basis.
Our sponsor spots are filled for the first season of the podcast, but we currently have some open spots for the next season. Contact Katie, if you are interested in learning more via the contact form.
Listen to Episode 5 on your favorite podcasting app. You can also access the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.Discover what your part is and God's part is, when you walk through trials, in Episode #5 of The Martha + Mary Show. Click To Tweet
Show Notes for Episode 5: Facing Fears + Overcoming Obstacles
Katie and Lee talk about their fears (from the silly to the serious). They share about difficult roads they have walked and how God helped them face some of their worst fears. They also talk about how your faith is strengthened when you face fears and overcome obstacles, and what your part is and God’s part is, in the process.
Theme music: “Driven” from Katie Reid’s “Echoes of My Heart” Album. https://www.katiemreid.com/singer/
- Read more about the adoption experience Katie talks about on the show: Pain in the Offering and Grace Found In Grief
- Grace Adventures Women’s Retreat. Go hear Lee speak there, this fall.
- Author, speaker, and podcaster, and our friend, Annie F. Downs.
- The story of the paralytic from Mark 2:1-12
- Let God Do the Heavy-Lifting
- Do Hard Things book by Alex and Brett Harris
- Also be sure to check out The Do Hard Things website.
- Read about the worshippers going before the army in battle, in 2 Chronicles 20.
- This is the verse about God’s battle flag, Isaiah 31:9.
- Biblical account of the spies sent into Canaan and their report, Numbers 13.
- Here is the passage that talks about God not driving out the nations all at once, Exodus 23:20-33.
- The disciples in the boat and Jesus calming the storm, in Mark 4:35-41.
- Peter walking on water, in Matthew 14:22-33.
- In Episode 1 our sponsor was, Brenda Yoder, author of Fledge: Launching Your Kids Without Losing Your Mind.
- Video of mama bird protecting her eggs from tractor.
Featured Resource: Brave Prayer Cards from Lee’s online shop (Prayers on one side, Scripture on the other).
Today’s Verse: Psalm 91:1-2
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
Our Hashtags: #marthamaryshow #teammartha #teammary
Episode Producer: Jeanna LesauskyGod is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. -Psalm 46:1 Click To Tweet
Next week on the podcast, we will be talking about getting it done and having fun. Be sure to subscribe to The Martha + Mary Show, in your favorite app, so you don’t miss an episode!
You might also like: