It’s fun to find out where you listen to the podcast. One listener said she tunes in while doing chores around the house, and another took the show, in her earbuds, to the state fair and listened while bathing cows.
Last week’s episode was on The Power of Prayer. I don’t know about you, but I was challenged and inspired. A friend and I are starting up a local Moms in Prayer group, as a result of that episode, #7.
Here’s a response from a listener:
Lord, I thank you for Katie and Lee’s openness to share their struggles with us! These ladies are so relatable which is the way you use them to speak to my heart! I am a fellow prayer struggle bus rider too. I pray if you are like me and struggle to get in the groove to pray routinely throughout your day, not just in times of desperate need but all day long, that God will bring to your mind the need to constantly be in communication with him through praise, thanksgiving, and intercession! Amen. -C.W.
Last week we deep dived into all things prayer and this week, we are cracking open the pages of some of our favorite books.
Access Episode 8 on your favorite podcast app. You can also listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.Nothing really happens until someone writes something. @leenienhuis #marthamaryshow #podcast Click To Tweet
Show Notes for Episode #8: All the Books!
We’re all about books! Authors and avid readers, Katie and Lee, chat about what they used to read (as teens), what kind of books they love to read, and what they are currently reading. Discover a new favorite in this light-hearted conversation about the books that have shaped this Martha + Mary pair.
Theme music: “Driven” from Katie Reid’s “Echoes of My Heart” Album. https://www.katiemreid.com/singer/
Things We Talk About:
- Nancy Drew Books
- Episode 1: Together on Purpose
- The Babysitter’s Club Books
- Book #2 of The Babysitter’s Club: Claudia and the Phantom Phone Call
- Sweet Valley High and Danielle Steel
- Sweet Valley Twins Series
- Robin Jones Gunn’s Christy Miller Series
- WaterBrook & Multnomah
- Gallup’s StrengthFinder
- Hoopla App for AudioBooks and Ebooks
- John Grisham’s audiobooks
- Big thanks to Baker Book House for letting us record in their fabulous store!
- The Bible (This is the one Katie uses, CSB, She Reads Truth CSB, in gray linen)
- Mama Bear Apologetics: Empowering Your Kids to Challenge Cultural Lies by Hillary Morgan Ferrer
- Moms in Prayer Podcast hosted by Lee Nienhuis
- Surprised by Motherhood: Everything I Never Expected about Being a Mom by Lisa-Jo Baker
- The Middle Matters: What That (Extra)Ordinary Life Looks Really Good On You by Lisa Jo-Baker
- The Next Right Thing Podcast with Emily P. Freeman
- The Next Right Thing: A Simple, Soulful Practice for Making Life Decisions book by Emily P. Freeman
- Stolen Jesus: An Unconventional Search for the Real Savior by Jami Amerine
- Taste and See: Discovering God among Butchers, Bakers, and Fresh Food Makers by Margaret Feinberg
- The Gospel Comes with a House Key: Practicing Radically Ordinary Hospitality in Our Post-Christian World by Rosaria Butterfield
- Stop! Hammock Time: Adam and Katie’s weekly live show
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- Women at War: Declaring a Cease-fire on Toxic Female Relationships by Jan Greenwood
- Jesus > Religion: Why He is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough by Jefferson Bethke
- Love Does and Everybody Always by Bob Goff
- Enneagram 1 + Enneagram 7
Featured Resource: Leave a review on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, GoodReads, and ChristianBook, etc. about the books you’ve read recently. It helps others discover the books you enjoyed and it’s like giving flowers to the author (if you liked it)!
Today’s Verse: Revelation 21:5 (ESV)
And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
Show Sponsor: Brenda Yoder (Author of Fledge: Launching Your Kids Without Losing Your Mind). Connect with Brenda at: https://brendayoder.com/
Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
Episode Producer: Jeanna LesauskyThere is so much power in the written word. @leenienhuis #marthamaryshow #podcast Click To Tweet