Most of us are cooped up at home, so we thought it’d be fun to travel vicariously through this conversation all about one of our favorite places on earth.
In this episode, you’ll hear a theme about stones. I thought this passage from Psalm 118:19-24 was quite fitting.
“Open to me the gates of righteousness,
that I may enter through them
and give thanks to the Lord.
This is the gate of the Lord;
the righteous shall enter through it.
I thank you that you have answered me
and have become my salvation.
The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone.
This is the Lord‘s doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #39 on your favorite podcast app.
The same God who met Hannah so faithfully there in her waiting, in her wondering, in her praying, is the same God who meets with me today.” -Jenn Hand
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Show Notes for Episode #39: Experience the Holy Land
Take a trip from the comfort of home through this engaging conversation with Jenn, Katie, and their guest, Kaitlyn Bouchillon, as they recount vivid experiences from their time in the Holy Land.
Theme Music: “Sunny Martha” by Cade Popkin
Show Sponsors: Big thanks to the Bloom Conference! Be sure to check out this free online conference, hosted by Jenn Hand, on April 24th-April 25th. Learn more and register, here.
Today’s Guest: Kaitlyn Bouchillon is a Virtual Assistant, book launch manager, and storyteller who writes about discovering God’s goodness in the ordinary and faithfulness in the difficult. She loves good books, deep conversations, and iced vanilla lattes. Kaitlyn is the author of Even If Not: Living, Loving, and Learning in the in Between.What is dead, Jesus calls to life. @comingalivejenn #marthamaryshow Click To Tweet
Things We Talk About:
- Enneagram 7
- Kaitlyn Bouchillon on IG
- B Creative Inspiration on IG (Gorgeous Holy Land pictures)
- Biblical Explorations trips with Dr. Leonard
- Jesus the Cornerstone (Matthew 21, Mark 12, Luke 20, Psalm 118, Acts 4, 1 Peter 2)
- Rocks will cry out (Luke 19:40)
- Garden of Getheseme
- Bethany (where Lazarus was raised)
- Episode #38 with Julie Holmquist
- Church of Annunciation
- Precipice near Nazareth
- A prophet is not without honor expect in his hometown (Mark 6:4)
- Made Like Martha book
- Deborah from the Bible
- Heart of stone to heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26)
- Tel Megiddo (stone manger)
- God, with us (Matthew 1:23)
- The Good Shepherd and His sheep (John 10:1-18)
- Beit She’an (theatre)
- Saturday Still song
Today’s Verse: John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
I hope that people don’t miss this opportunity to call out to Jesus so that the rocks don’t have to cry out on our behalf.” -Katie
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- The Podcast Page on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @comingalivejenn @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!
We’d appreciate it if you’d leave a rating and review of the podcast too. Thanks!God, help me to receive and absorb, not package and produce. #marthamaryshow #unravelinggrace Click To Tweet
More about the Holy Land:
- David’s view in Psalm 23 from Jenn’s Instagram
- The Door of Humility in Bethlehem on Kaitlyn’s IG
- Caesarea on the Mediterranean Sea on Katie’s IG
- The Power of One (testimony of Elah Valley and Kursi by Katie)
- Don’t Underestimate the Power of an Invitation by Katie
- Do You Want a Rock-Solid Core? (Caesarea Philippi)
- Thoughts from Israel (Warning: Big Feeling Ahead) by Kaitlyn
- How My View of Jesus Changed in Israel by Kaitlyn
- IG Stories of Kaitlyn’s second trip to the Holy Land