Take a deep breath.
You are welcome here.
You are invited to join me for 31 days of rest and prayer. I’m not great at either of these things so that’s why I’m focusing on them—I desperately want to work these two beauties into my tightly wound life.
I need to unwind from the inside out.
My type A, firstborn, perfectionistic side wants to plot out our journey, step-by-step. But, this is not that kind of journey. This is a one-day-at-a-time, let’s-slow-down-and-savor-deep, walk with a friend. This is a let’s-see-what’s-in-store and not-rush-ahead kind of deal.
Not so good at these kind of walks—I’d rather sprint, but I’m tired of wearing myself and others out with all my striving and driving.
It’s time to release my rights and sit down so that I can learn to stand upon Jesus daily—not just in the big moments, but in the everyday messes and small successes.
It’s time to move over, out of the driver’s seat, and let God lead where He sees fit. He knows best, I do not. But I haven’t been living like it.
I have been scurrying, hurrying, plopping and dropping and I feel tangled up.
I need to be unwound so that I don’t wound myself or my loved ones further.
My shoulders ache. My mind is distracted. My soul is numb.
I long to be relaxed, refocused, and revived.
I have been living tired, angry and restless.
I yearn to be well—physically, emotionally and spiritually.
A few things I do know about the Restoration Project:
- I will try to practice what I preach because I desperately need to pray more and rest better (and I told hubby I would).
- I will try and keep the posts shorter than usual.
- I will Periscope each week day (M-F) at 1:30 EST to recap what we are learning (you can find me @Katie_M_Reid on Periscope, but if you can’t catch me live head on over to katch.me/katie_m_reid for the replays),
- I will invite friends to share their hearts with you on Thursdays and Fridays through special guest posts,
- There will be relaxing Saturdays with ideas to help you #funwind—that’s my way of putting “fun” and “unwind” together. See how I did that? 🙂
- There will be simple and sacred Sundays (just a picture, scripture and brief thoughts to reflect upon as you put your feet up).
Will you join me as we unwind through rest and prayer?
P.S. I am excited to be linking up this series with write31days.com for the October writing challenge. Are you doing a series? Head on over for some great reading this month. Darling Daughter is doing a series called, Mixing It Up with the Masters (31 days of cooking tips from famous and not-so-famous chefs). If you have a tip, tweet it to me and she may include it.
P.P.S Make sure you don’t miss a post in this series—subscribe by email (at the top of the blog) to have the posts delivered to your inbox. 🙂
I will update this page (below) with the latest posts for the Restoration Project or you can view the posts by searching the “Restoration Project” category.
Day 1: Help Me Catch My Breath
I’m starting off this series with a post over on Purposeful Faith as we evaluate our pace. Come on over and let’s take some deep breaths as we begin this journey…
Day 3: Unwind this Weekend
Day #4: Just Breathe
Day #9: Delays Construct Character
I’m also over at God-sized Dreams today discussing that Detours Aren’t Dead-End Dreams.
Day #10: A Break from the Ordinary
Day #11: Resting Within
Day #12: O Lord, Hear Our Prayer
Day #13: Women at War (Book Review)
Day #14: The Gift of Rest (Revisited)
Day #17: Stand Still
Day #18: Lay Down Your Burdens
Day #19: You’re Still Invited
Day #20: Resting in Preparation
Day #21: Don’t Edit Your Prayers
Day #24: Do That Thing You’ve Been Avoiding
Day #25: Content with this Day
Day #27: Finding Spiritual Whitespace (Book Review)