Have you wanted to punch something or someone? That’s how we’re opening the show this week, as Lee and I have a vulnerable conversation about facing rejection.
If you are interested in partnering with the podcast as a show sponsor, contact Katie for info. We have a limited number of slots available and would be happy to explore the possibility of partnering together to get the word out about your product, event, or service.
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #28 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode #28: Facing Rejection
Being rejected can derail you. It can also draw you to Jesus and help you become more compassionate. Katie and Lee talk candidly about their experiences with rejection, offering empathy and practical steps for moving forward.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Show Sponsor: Big thanks to Brave Moms, Brave Kids: A Battle Plan for Raising Heroes by Lee Nienhuis for sponsoring the show.
Theme Music: “Sunny Martha” by Cade Popkin*A no to your project is not a no to you. -Karen Neumair #marthamaryshow Click To Tweet
Things We Talk About:
- Karate Kid Movie
- Read about Katie’s brother
- Enneagram 1 and Enneagram 7
- Darlene Larson (Life Purpose Coach)
- The Israelites in the Wilderness (Exodus 15-18)
How do you handle rejection?
- Do you do everything you can to avoid rejection?
- Do you reframe the situation when you’re rejected?
- Do you obsess and over-analyze when you’ve been rejected?
Today’s Verse: Isaiah 53:3 (ESV)
He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.”
When you’re feeling rejected:
- Moderate on social media
- Reach out to others
- Take stock of what you do have (use the All Done! Calendar)
- Invest in your real life friends
- Run to the only One who can sustain you—Jesus.
*Cade Popkin created this custom song for our show. If you are interested in his services, access his info, here.
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage.
- The Podcast Page on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!
Listen to Season 3 of the Podcast:
#24: Getting Organized (Interview with Morgan Tyree)
Learn more about our sponsors and access past episodes, here.