We’re switching things up on the podcast, this summer. Each episode will only be about ten minutes long. The first segment will be a “Heart-to-Heart with Martha” where I share encouragement from my heart to yours. The second segment is called, “A Mary Moment for Your Summer,” where I invite a friend to offer a tip to help you have an intentional and fun summer. We hope you enjoy this abbreviated format.
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #47 on your favorite podcast app.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Show Notes for Episode #47: Secrets about Your Type A Friend
Katie shares some secrets about Type A women that will help you understand them better and Quanny Ard shares some intentional questions to ask yourself during this unique time in history.
Theme Music: “Sunny Martha” by Cade Popkin
The brand new Ministry to Business Guide is a jam-packed, super easy to follow playbook for HOW TO EARN AN INCOME from your passion.
Today’s Guest: Quantrilla Ard is a faith-based personal and spiritual development writer who lives in the DC Metro area with her husband Donny and three littles. She is also an entrepreneur, recent PhD graduate, and curator of all things lovely. As a woman on her own quest of shining a light on the shadowy, hidden places in her life, she writes as The PhD Mamma about things she knows to be true in hopes to encourage others to do the same. Quanny believes in the power in collective strength, community and fellowship. You will find her wherever people are sharing stories of triumph.
Things We Talk About:Here's what your Type A friend needs (but probably won't tell you)... #enneagram #personality Click To Tweet
Three things your Type A friend needs (but probably won’t tell you):
- Your Type A friend needs some reassurance that you see her…not just her accomplishments and not just when she reaches out.
- Your Type A friend needs permission and room to share what’s going on—not the prettied up and polished version—in a safe environment that won’t downplay or dismiss her admissions.
- Your Type A friend needs someone else to take the lead sometimes (only sometimes). Invite her for coffee (and not just so you can tell her what’s going on with you). Send her a card just because. Text her sometime just to tell her you’re thinking about her (help her know she’s important to you).
Here are a few of the questions that Quanny talks about during the show:
- What if the rest you need is exactly what God is providing for you in this season?
- What if life isn’t supposed to look the same anymore?
- What if my new normal is what God intended for life my life all along?
- How can my perspective align with His will?
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- The Podcast Page on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- IG Handle: @katie_m_reid
- Show Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!Sometimes the encourager needs encouraging. #marthamaryshow Click To Tweet
Listen to Season 4 of the Podcast: