Do you wonder if life can be good again after all you’ve been through?
This week’s podcast is designed to help you feel seen in your pain and be encouraged that things can get better.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.
Listen to the latest episode below, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #138 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode #138 with Lisa Appelo:
Lisa Appelo, author of Life Can Be Good Again, shares her story of loss and God’s faithfulness through it all.
Today’s Guest: Lisa Appelo is an author and speaker inspiring women to cultivate faith in life’s storms. Her new book, Life Can Be Good Again: Putting Your World Back Together After It All Falls Apart, addresses the raw pain of loss with Biblical hope that God can reshape what has shattered.
A former litigating attorney, Lisa is passionate about rich Bible teaching. She launched a local widows ministry in Jacksonville, Florida and founded a team of writers at hopeingrief.com. Lisa’s days are filled with parenting, ministry, speaking and long walks to justify lots of dark chocolate. Connect with Lisa at LisaAppelo.com and on IG @LisaAppelo.
Theme Music: “Found” by Lisa Troyer and Dawn Yoder Venture3Media/Circle of Friends
Today’s Sponsor: Bring life to your creative project with the Inspiration Doula’s help and encouragement.
Things We Talk About:
- Widow Mama Collective
- Life Can Be Good Again book
- 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Romans 8:26
- James 1:5
- Psalm 139:16
- Psalm 23:3-4
- Psalm 46:7 and 11
- This is not Plan B for God, He knew this would be a part of my story.
- I didn’t get second best or the leftovers of the life I wanted, this is Chapter 2.
- There is as much abundance here, on this side of loss, as there was all the days before it.
- I need to flourish right here, where God has put me.
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- Podcast Group on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid @lisaappelo
Subscribe to the show and leave a rating and review.Any kind of deep tragic loss affects so much of life. There are layers and layers of loss. @AppeloLisa #marthamaryshow #loss #widow #grief Click To Tweet
Latest episodes of the podcast: