It doesn’t appear that Martha or Mary were mothers, but these sisters knew about living with intention. This week Lee introduces Katie to her purposeful friend, Susan Seay,
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #18 on your favorite podcast app.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.Prepare your kids for their next season. @susanlseay #marthamaryshow Click To Tweet
Show Notes for Episode #18: Intentional Parenting
Susan Seay, intentional mother of seven, discusses what it looks like to parent in alignment with your family’s core values. Laugh along with us, as two Marthas and a Mary discuss how to leave overwhelm behind and equip children to be successful adults.
Theme Music: “The Feast” from Katie Reid’s “Echoes of My Heart” album. https://www.katiemreid.com/singer/
Show Sponsor: Big thanks to Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith, author of Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity.
Today’s Guest: Susan Seay is an author, speaker, podcast host, and facilitator. She is on a mission to help families parent on purpose even when life gets busy. As a wife and mom to 7, Susan understands the challenges of trying to raise kids in a distracting world. It’s more important than ever for parents to rise above the noise and raise a successful family. It’s time to create a major shift in our homes, our churches, and our communities. Susan has had the opportunity to speak and lead discussions in local churches, Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), regional conferences and online trainings reaching women all over the globe from the Bahamas to Malaysia, Canada, and across the US. Connect with Susan on her website.
- Susan’s book: The Intentional Parent: Parenting on Purpose When Life Gets Busy
- Susan’s Mentor 4 Moms Podcast
- The Surprising Thing Your Type A Friend Needs (But Probably Isn’t Telling You)
- Haiti Trip
- Choosing Your Family’s Core Values
- Living True to Your Core Family Values
- Susan and her husband, Ron, were recent, and very entertaining, guests on Katie and Adam’s live show, “Stop! Hammock Time.”
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show Group on Facebook: Made Like Martha Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!
Since Lee and Katie are both speakers, authors, and business owners, we want to help YOU get the word out about events, books, and products, through sponsorship opportunities. If you are interested in learning more about sponsoring an episode (or two) of The Martha + Mary Show, contact Katie.Do things with your children not for them. @susanlseay #marthamaryshow Click To Tweet
Episode 16: Mother + Daughter Relationships (Interview with Blythe Daniel + Dr. Helen McIntosh)