How do you know when it’s okay to quit something? How do you know when it’s time to push through and learn to cope with something hard? Lee and I discuss these things, and more, on this week’s podcast episode.
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #19 on your favorite podcast app.
Lee and I are currently booking speaking engagements for next year. We have also received inquiries about joint events, which is so fun. If you are interested in either of us, or both of us, encouraging the attendees at your event, reach out soon!
Show Notes for Episode #19: When You Want to Quit
We are not quitters, but this last month has tempted us to throw in the towel, more than once. From a big move to relational conflict, from work demands to busy sports schedules, discover how to discern when it’s time to hang in and when it’s time to be done.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.Put boundaries in place so you don't burnout. #MarthaMaryShow Click To Tweet
Theme Music: “The Feast” from Katie Reid’s “Echoes of My Heart” album.Care for your soul while managing your day to day schedule. #FaithfulLifePlanner @Erika_Dawson Click To Tweet
Things We Talk About:
- Michigan’s fall leaves
- Apple cider
- Recording this episode at GEMS
- Lee’s speaking schedule
- Katie’s speaking schedule
- Experiencing God Bible Study
- Boundaries book by Cloud and Townsend
- Inspiration Doula coaching services
- Original Karate Kid movie
- Psalm 46:1-3
- Philippians 4:13
- John 4:6
Today’s Verse: Romans 5:3-4
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Here are some tips when you want to quit:
- Don’t be wise in our own eyes. Ask God, ask others for wisdom.
- Let yourself feel what you’re feeling.
- Take a break and reset, then see if you feel differently.
- Evaluate the “why” behind your pace, with these questions: Are you addicted to busy? Are you numbing pain by running yourself ragged? Are you doing what it takes to refresh? Are you relying on God’s strength and wisdom or your own know-how?
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage.
- The Martha + Mary Show Group on Facebook: Made Like Martha Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!We are here today because Jesus did not quit. Click To Tweet
Episode 16: Mother + Daughter Relationships (Interview with Blythe Daniel + Dr. Helen McIntosh)
Episode 18: Intentional Parenting (Interview with Susan Seay)