In our fast-paced world and over-scheduled calendars, we are in desperate need of rest. Let’s take a moment, right now, for a deep cleansing breath. Join us, as Lee and I discuss this vital topic, on this week’s episode of The Martha + Mary Show.
Listen to the latest episode over here, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #17 on your favorite podcast app.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, I may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.Does a two-hour nap sound like torture or a dream to you? Click To Tweet
Show Notes for Episode #17: Take a Rest
Theme Music: “The Feast” from Katie Reid’s “Echoes of My Heart” album. https://www.katiemreid.com/singer/
Today’s Show Sponsor: Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith, author of Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity.
Things We Talk About:
- DALMAC Bike Tour
- Graves’ Disease
- “Sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do is take a nap.” -John Ortberg
- Speaking of cross stitch, stop what you’re doing and go checkout Maggie Jo’s Studio on Etsy! Her embroidery hoop art is amazing!
- Listen to Lee’s interview with Dr. Dalton-Smith on the Moms in Prayer Podcast
- Give Me a Break: Exchanging the Guilt of Rest for the Gift of Rest (Katie’s post on Proverbs 31)
Take the Rest Quiz to discover which area of rest you might be lacking in.
Today’s Verse: Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show Group on Facebook: Made Like Martha Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary how on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- Our IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Our Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Episode Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Be sure to subscribe, so you don’t miss any shows!We can trust God to work even when we aren't working. @katie_m_reid #marthamaryshow Click To Tweet
Episode 16: Mother + Daughter Relationships (Interview with Blythe Daniel + Dr. Helen McIntosh)