Our favorite guest, and season 4 co-host, Jenn Hand is back to help us prepare our hearts for the holiday season.
This is our last episode of 2020. We’ll be back in January! Enjoy time with family and if you’d like, listen to past episodes of The Martha + Mary Show to uplift your heart over the holidays.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. If you choose to purchase through the links, we may be compensated at no additional cost to you. See full disclosure policy.I am the Lord's servant, Mary answered. May your word to me be fulfilled. Then the angel left her. -Luke 1:38 (NIV) #advent #Christmas2020 Click To Tweet
Listen to the latest episode below, on our podcast webpage, or access Episode #72 on your favorite podcast app.
Show Notes for Episode #72: Preparing Your Heart for Christmas
Jenn Hand, director of Coming Alive Ministries, shares how we can prepare our hearts for Christmas even when the holidays look different than expected.
Theme Music: “Better Together” by Cade Popkin
Show Sponsor: A Very Bavarian Christmas by Katie M. Reid. Purchase two or more copies, you can access the book club kit for free!
Countercultural Parenting: Building Character in a World of Compromise by Lee Nienhuis is a timely resource for parents to invest well in their children as they help them develop godly character.
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. -Isaiah 9:2 @comingalivejenn #marthamaryshow #advent Click To Tweet
Things We Talk About:
- Coming Alive Ministries
- A Very Bavarian Christmas Book Launch Party
- The King is Coming
- 25 Days to Coming Alive at Christmas
- Way Maker Study from Feasting on Truth
- Isaiah 9:2
- Embarrassing Moments Episode #36
- This Little Light of Mine
- The Devotional Doodle Journal for Kids
- Six Sisters’ Andes Mint Cookie recipe
- “Jingle Jangle” musical
- Countercultural Parenting book
- Luke 1:38
- Luke 1:46-56
- The Christmas Angel by Doug Kloosterman
- Luke 2:8-20
- Psalm 78:4-8
- “All the Poor and Powerless” song
- Is Your Yes on the Table? Episode #23 with Jenn Hand
Connect with Us:
- The Martha + Mary Show webpage
- Podcast Group on Facebook: Martha and Mary Show Sisterhood
- The Martha + Mary Show on Instagram: @madelikemartha
- IG Handles: @leenienhuis @katie_m_reid
- Show Hashtag: #marthamaryshow
- Producer: Jeanna Lesausky
Subscribe to the show and leave leave a rating and review!We want to hear, what has God done in your life this year? #marthamaryshow #2020 Click To Tweet
Listen to Season 5 of the Podcast: